No matter how much we talk about equality between men and women, we often emphasize how much has already been achieved over decades of hard work, it seems. There are still many things that need to be done, and extensive changes to be implemented. The problem of double standards between men and women is not so difficult, especially in some common events of daily life. With that in mind, Reddit user @u/killywayx decided to ask people “what is considered ‘normal’ for a man, but what if a woman does it?” Will there be a response?”
The question which has received 30.5k upvotes and 15k answers shows that no matter how modern our society is, it is still full of old and ingrained attitudes. Some examples include things related to appearance: women can’t take off their t-shirts while it’s normal for men to do so, or body hair must be constantly groomed so you don’t get noticed. Messy and careless, though for men, that’s not a problem. Some of the examples also touch on social issues such as women not wanting children to face a lot of backlash, while it’s understandable when men don’t want a family. When it comes to careers, women who are strong leaders and value a strong work ethic are perceived as cold and emotional, while men with the same traits are viewed as respectful bosses. goes
What are some things you’ve noticed that are considered normal for men but don’t apply to women? Don’t forget to leave your thoughts in the comments below!
More information: Reddit
No desire for children.
When a man is good with kids and/or wants kids someday, he’s called “a catch” (you know, along with other good traits), meaning (with kids). Not getting along and/or not wanting kids (some days) is normal and normal, but not great.
A woman who does not want children or is awkward with children is seen as rude.
Not all of them will apply to everyone or every situation, but I think most of them are fair.
1. Asking a guy out or asking a guy to marry you. He is seen as pushy or impatient and brooding.
2. Hiking alone. People don’t tend to raise their eyebrows at roughing a guy in the woods, but if a girl does, it’s considered reckless or dangerous.
3. Be assertive, stand up for yourself, and be confrontational. It’s often seen as rude when it’s seriously just someone standing up for themselves.
4. Eating large portions of food. If a woman (even a slim and fit one) is at an event and she fills her plate with junk food, it raises some eyebrows. It is considered a ladle. When a boy does this, it is seen as a normal and healthy appetite.
5. Coping with grief. When a guy doesn’t cry, it’s stoic. When a woman does not cry, it is cold and unhealthy.
6. Caring little about appearance. If a boy goes a few days unshaven and has some stubble, he is not too condemned. If a girl goes without shaving her legs, it is offensive.
7. Male interests. A man can love cars and video games and sports without question. But if a girl likes these things, it’s “because she wants a boy” or “she’s faking it” and she has to prove her worth and knowledge.
8. I know this has been said a lot, but sleep around. This is a very high double standard indeed. It seems that women in general are pressured to be the guardians of s*xuality. But sometimes we want to get down and dirty. And I don’t think anyone should be ashamed of that — male or female.
That said, I think men face a lot of backlash and difficulties too, especially for doing things that normal women do like being alone with the kids, having open feelings, being very physical. Take care etc. I think women face backlash. , even sometimes to behave like a stereotypical woman (having strong emotions, wearing makeup, wanting to show some skin…) At the end of the day, a little understanding goes a long way. 🙂 Let’s all be kind to everyone around us! 🙂
b) Not having s*x
c) Smiling and laughing a lot
D) Smiling and laughing are not “enough”.
e) Does not know how to cook
f) Not doing housework
g) Having children and having a career at the same time
Walk out on his wife and child. I know many men who have left their partners and their children. Barely seeing her children, making much less of an effort. No one judges them so harshly.
But can you imagine if a woman took her husband and children out? Absolute monster.
To be steadfast. Assertive women are seen as ‘dominant’ and ‘intimidating’, but assertive men are seen as having ‘incredible leadership skills’ and ‘confidence and self-esteem’ (see my leadership skills on my (By comparing the teacher’s comments to my male friend’s)
Have a baby while on the job.
Edit: I was actually referring to stealth demotions and firings, denied promotions, etc., but as people have pointed out, yes moms are embarrassing too.
Not being conventionally attractive, especially if you’re a fantasy woman. That’s not to say that traditionally unattractive men don’t have it tough in certain situations, but they just don’t face as much hostility as unattractive women.
#Guy #Doesnt #Raise #Eye #Loses #Mind #Woman #Users #Online