1. Preheat the oven to 170 C. Grease two 4 inch cake tones.
2. Boil water and add to espresso. Sit on one side.
3. Mix together the oil, sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Hit high until thick and sharp.
4. Weigh the dry ingredients and mix in a bowl. Add sugar / eggs / oil to the mix until combined.
5. Pour the milk and vanilla into the mixture.
6. Finally, slowly pour in the boiling water. Mix together, scraping the bowl to make sure there are no lumps.
7. Put the batter in the cake tones and cook for about 45-50 minutes.
8. If necessary, cut the chocolate sponge so that it is flat on both sides.
9. When the ganache has started to set but is still soft, place a little in the middle of the cake board or cake stand.
10. Stack the sponges, spreading the bunches in the middle and around the outside.
11. Using an offset palette knife and a cake scraper, smooth out the crumbs until crumbly. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes until set.
12. Cover again with another coat of chocolate. Smooth the dough with an offset palette knife and cake scraper.
13. Decorate as you like, we like to use Maraschino cherries.