Death of Queen Elizabeth: the children of Harry and Meghan will receive royal titles

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s children became Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet after the Queen’s death.

Her Majesty passed away peacefully at Balmoral on Thursday (local time), marking the end of her historic 70-year reign and causing an outpouring of grief around the world.

Her death at the age of 96 means that her great-grandchildren receive titles due to the accession to the throne of their grandfather, King Charles. Sun reports.

Under protocols set by King George V, the Queen’s grandfather, the sovereign’s children and grandchildren are automatically entitled to the title of His Royal Highness and Prince or Princess.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, will now officially be Prince and Princess, as well as His Royal Highness, in accordance with rules established in 1917.

Meghan previously spoke of her shock when she was told that Archie would not receive police protection because he did not have a title during her high-profile interview with Oprah Winfrey.

She suggested that the decision was made because of his mixed race, which was not the case.

When Archie was born, he was the sovereign’s great-grandson, not his grandson.

The reason why 9-year-old Prince George was given the right to be a prince is that it is protected by the protocol of George V.

This is because he was the monarch’s great-grandson in the direct line of succession to the throne, being the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales.

Stay up to date with the latest news about the British Royal Family with Flash. 25+ news channels in 1 place. New to Flash? Try 1 month for free. Offer valid until October 31, 2022 >

Prince George’s sister Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4, are entitled to their titles thanks to a patent signed by the Queen on December 31, 2012.

This gave the title of Prince and Princess, as well as the title of His Royal Highness, to all the children of the Prince of Wales’ eldest son, Prince William.

In a grim statement, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Her Majesty Elizabeth II, the longest-serving monarch in British history, has passed away, making her son Charles king.

Yesterday, Buckingham Palace announced in a statement: “The Queen passed away peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

“The King and Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral tonight and return to London tomorrow.”

Charles, who will now be known as King Charles III, also issued a statement.

The King said: “The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty the Queen, is a moment of greatest sadness for me and all members of my family.

“We deeply mourn the death of our beloved Sovereign and beloved Mother. I know that her loss will be deeply felt throughout the country, the Realms and the Commonwealth, and by countless people around the world.

“In this period of mourning and change, my family and I will be comforted and supported by our knowledge of the respect and deep affection that the Queen enjoyed so widely.”

Charles is now king and his wife Camilla, queen consort.

At 73, Charles is the oldest person to have ascended the throne in British history.

This occurs when the Union Flag is flown at half-mast over Buckingham Palace.

A notice of the queen’s death was also pinned to the gates of the palace.

Tens of thousands of mourners gathered at Buckingham Palace to pay their respects after the tragic news.

And the black cabs lined up along the mall, the road leading to the palace, in a heartbreaking tribute to Her Majesty. The UK will now enter 12 days of mourning for our longest-reigning monarch, who has reigned for 70 years.

Before her death, Buckingham Palace said the monarch was “comfortable” at Balmoral, where she remained under medical supervision.

This article originally appeared on Sun and reproduced with permission

Read related topics:Queen Elizabeth II

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: