Death of the Queen: Claims Prince Harry found out about the Queen’s death on the news, not King Charles

Prince Harry desperately tried to get to his grandmother’s bedside to say goodbye, but only learned she had died after reading online reports, several palace sources told the New York Post.

Tension and agony showed on Harry’s face as he was driven to Balmoral, the Queen’s Scottish residence, hours after she passed away on September 8.

This was announced by a high-ranking Buckingham Palace insider. Page six that Harry had been summoned to Scotland in the morning by his father, the new King Charles III.

However, another palace source confirmed that no one from the royal family or courtiers actually called Harry to inform him of the monarch’s death, leaving him to find out from the news when he landed in the late afternoon.

As the royal family mourned the late Queen, Harry and his wife Meghan Markle have been spending more time with their families than since they left their royal roles in January 2020. All this begs the question: what will happen to these damaged relationships now?

Harry and Markle reportedly returned to their home in Montecito, California on Wednesday to be reunited with their children, 3-year-old Archie and 1-year-old Lilibet.

One of the insiders told Page six: “I think the way Harry and Meghan have appeared in the past few days shows that they only hoped to do the right thing and do the right thing for everyone.”

When asked if Harry and his brother Prince William had really mended their relationship, palace sources confirmed that they did indeed talk at family dinners and gatherings.

Gayle King, a friend of the Sussexes who was in London to cover the funeral, said Morning CBS this week: “Efforts have been made on both sides … to somehow rectify the situation.”

Adding that despite these “efforts” no real rapprochement has taken place, King added: “Extended families are always going through drama, always going through turmoil. It remains to wait – will they get closer or disperse? … I don’t have insider information about this, but I will tell you this: it was nice to see Harry standing next to his family.”

As the shadow of the prince’s planned memoir – and news that it will be pushed back to 2023 – still hangs over the family, another senior royal source denied a recent report that Markle asked for a “one-on-one” chat with Charles before The Sussexes will go home, calling it “an outright lie”.

The Queen’s death has seen family members try to break the ice between Harry and his family, especially Charles and William, but there have been moments in the past two weeks when the palace’s decision to stick to protocol has shown just how awkward things remain.

The death was announced at 6:30 pm local time, minutes before Harry landed at Aberdeen Airport from London – he boarded a private jet on his own after being excluded from the plane that carried his brother, their uncles Prince Andrew and Prince Edward, as well as Edward. wife Sophie Wessex.

After all, only Charles and his sister, Princess Anne, were there when the queen died in the early afternoon.

Harry, 38, arrived at Balmoral just before 8pm to meet the others, including his stepmother Camilla, now queen consort, whom he was supposed to bow to according to protocol.

It was the first time Harry had been in a room with the entire family since he and Markle left royal life in March 2020 and moved to the United States.

The couple made headlines on September 8 as news broke that Harry was flying alone to his grandma’s house. Markle was originally going to join her husband, but decided against it after learning that her sister-in-law Kate Middleton was staying at home with her kids, who had just had their first day at a new school.

After a lot of criticism – on news sites as well as populist social media – about Harry being excluded from family flights to and from Balmoral, it seemed like they were making an effort to include him.

Charles made a valiant attempt to publicly quell tensions ahead of the pomp and ceremony decades of planning that led to the Queen’s state funeral on Monday.

In his first official address to the world as King on September 9, Charles announced that William and wife Kate had become the new Prince and Princess of Wales, adding: “I also want to express my love for Harry and Meghan as they continue to build their lives abroad.” .

On Saturday, September 10, William sent Harry a last-minute text message inviting the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to join him and Kate in mourning outside Windsor Castle.

It was the first time the group, once known as the Fab Four, had come together since March 2020 for a Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey. Insiders realized that this was William’s bid for rapprochement.

But protocol got in the way.

Despite serving two tours of duty in Afghanistan, Harry was banned from wearing his military uniform for the parade to escort the Queen’s coffin from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey on Wednesday, September 14. Cause? When he left the family, he was stripped of his military ranks.

His uncle Prince Andrew, who was stripped of duties and titles after the sexual abuse scandal, was also not allowed to wear it.

It was then announced that Andrew would be allowed to wear the uniform for a 15-minute vigil on Friday, September 16, with family members standing at the casket while the audience paid their respects.

Once again, public criticism erupted. What about Harry? Once again, the royal family seems to have reacted: Harry could wear it to his grandchildren’s vigil on Saturday, September 17th.

But a few things marred the show of goodwill.

First, it was revealed on Saturday afternoon that Harry and Meghan’s invitation to the red carpet with world leaders had been cancelled. The reason you weren’t accepted again to Sunday’s event at Buckingham Palace? It was only for working members of the royal family.

And then at the vigil it was noticed that Harry’s military uniform was stripped of his “ER” – for Elizabeth Regina, the second word in Latin for “queen” – the insignia on the shoulder. Worse, a shocked Andrew flaunted his initials the day before at the children’s vigil.

“I thought it was rude. If you’re going to let Prince Andrew carry the emergency on his shoulder, then why not let Harry do it on his shoulder? Mail columnist Piers Morgan, who isn’t a big fan of Harry or Markle, had this to say about the palace.

“I’m not thrilled with Harry’s behavior in recent years, but it was his grandmother. [and] he really served his country with great valor.

“But then take off the ER and send it to him without the initials of his own grandmother, I just thought, don’t be rude – and, in fact, don’t refuel [Harry’s] own innate sense of victim!”

Ahead of Monday’s state funeral, it became clear that neither Harry nor Andrew would be allowed to wear uniforms to the ceremony.

At the time, a royal source said Page six that although Harry, having served in the British army for 10 years, is “sad”, he will do whatever his grandmother planned.

The Prince appeared in morning dress with medals pinned to his chest and took his seat in the second row of Westminster Abbey, with Prince William, as heir to the throne, seated front and center with Middleton and two of their three. children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

When asked about seating arrangements, a senior palace aide told Page Six that it was ordered by the age of the grandchildren, but “without separating families.”

This was not entirely true, as 17-year-old Lady Louise and 14-year-old James, Viscount Severn were not sitting with their parents, Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex.

“Harry was right behind the king, of course,” the aide added, pointing out that the Sussexes were also in the front row at a later, more intimate ceremony at Windsor.

There is a thaw in the air for now as the family continues to live without the queen, but the pain is still there – on both sides, royal sources say.

“I sincerely think that (Harry’s forthcoming book) is a big problem. It’s hanging over the royal family and I’m not sure they can move on without knowing what’s in it,” one insider said.

As Max Foster, CNN’s royal correspondent, said after Prince Philip’s funeral last year: “Frankly, both sides of the family told me there was a split. They don’t control it. Only (William and Harry) can put it together. I talked to their close friends and they said it’s up to these two guys now.”

This article originally appeared on New York Post and reproduced here with permission

#Death #Queen #Claims #Prince #Harry #Queens #death #news #King #Charles

Source link

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: