Harry and Meghan’s ‘At Home’ Coming to Netflix

Interested in living at home with the Sussexes? Your wish is about to come true with a new Netflix series.

Keep up with the Sussexes!

Netflix is ​​finally getting its ‘pound of flesh’ from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with the documentary series ‘At Home with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’. The sixth page may reveal.

Hollywood insiders are thrilled with the series, but while we’re told Netflix executives would like the series to tie in with Harry’s long-awaited memoir by the end of the year, the Sussex camp would prefer it air next year.

“Timing is still being discussed, everything is up in the air,” said one knowledgeable producer.

The Sussexes, who signed a multi-million dollar deal with the streamer in 2020 after moving to the US, were followed by Netflix cameras as they traveled to the Netherlands last month for the Invictus Games – Harry’s global games for wounded and wounded servicemen and women. Netflix is ​​making a documentary about it called Heart of the Invictus.

But we were told that they were also in the shade for another project that would be much more juicy. Cameras were allowed backstage at their Montecito, California home and joined the Sussexes on their trip to New York last September, as we previously reported.

“I think it’s fair to say that Netflix is ​​picking up its meat,” a senior Hollywood insider said.

It is not yet known what will be included in the documentary, but during the time that the Sussexes live in California, there have been many headlines about the breakup of their relationship with the royal family.

Last month, Harry, 37, and Markle, 40, flew to visit the Queen ahead of her 96th birthday at Windsor Castle on their way to the Netherlands, where Harry says his grandmother was in great spirits and making sure she was taken care of. . .

The Sussexes have also announced they will be taking their children, 3-year-old Archie, and baby Lilibet, whose first birthday is June 4, to London for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebration next month.

However, they will not join senior family members, including Prince Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton, on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, the palace confirmed.

Netflix declined to comment and the Sussexes were unavailable for comment.

Last month, Netflix announced that it was no longer developing PearlAnimated series created by Markle as part of a cost-cutting measure.

The show, which was announced last year, is one of several projects being abandoned by the streaming giant, which revealed a sharp drop in subscribers last month and warned that millions more were about to exit the service.

Archewell Productions, the company set up by the Sussexes, announced last year that Meghan would be the film’s executive producer. Pearljoined by Sir Elton John’s husband David Furnish.

The series was planned to focus on the adventures of a 12-year-old girl inspired by the powerful women of history.

This article originally appeared on page six and is reproduced here with permission

Read related topics:Netflix

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: