Netflix angry with Meghan and Harry because they failed to take pictures with the Queen

Harry and Meghan are reportedly in bad books with Netflix after the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – with one move of the duo in question.

Netflix won’t take this supposed royal rejection so coldly.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s failure to pose for a photo op with Queen Elizabeth II and other senior members of the royal family with baby Lilibet at last week’s Platinum Jubilee is a bitter disappointment for Netflix executives, according to self-proclaimed royal expert Angela Levin.

Renowned biographer of Prince Harry and Camilla Parker Bowles made a splash on a British talk show on Tuesday. UK News, reports the Daily Mail.

“I heard that Netflix wanted these photos with the royals,” Levin said of the alleged photobomb of a different kind.

“Because they would have sold it. It would be very valuable, very valuable for them.”

The streaming platform green-lit a highly publicized ‘at home’ documentary series about the fugitive Sussexes in May, but the cameras were reportedly banned for the anniversary as part of the ‘Sandringham Agreement’ struck when the couple stepped down from their royal roles back in January. 2020.

The outspoken Levine weighed in on a new photography controversy that arose when Harry, 37, and Markle, 40, first introduced 1-year-old Lilibeth Elizabeth last Wednesday after flying to the UK to take part in the platinum anniversary celebration.

Reports from several other sources claim that the California couple wanted their personal photographer to take happy pictures of the 96-year-old monarch and Lilibet, but they were turned down, with one anonymous source claiming they were told, “No chance.” It was a private family event,” the Sun originally reported.

The same bird also stated that Elizabeth’s guards were concerned that Harry and Markle’s photos had been leaked to American TV channels.

However, a source familiar with the situation told The Post that the claim was nonsense, stating that “they have just enjoyed a personal and intimate visit from the Queen.” They added that the Sussexes didn’t even bother to ask for photos as the 96-year-old monarch was not feeling well – an explanation that Levine dismissed.

Levin, for example, agreed with the first explanation. “Harry and Meghan wanted to see the queen as soon as possible, so she saw them on the first day,” she said. “She came in and then they asked if they could bring their photographer and asked if he could take a picture of two Lilibets and she said, ‘No, absolutely impossible.

Queen Elizabeth’s secretary of public affairs has declined a request from The Post to comment on conflicting reports of “private” meetings.

Netflix did not respond to requests for confirmation of Levin’s claims.

Levine previously told MailOnline that Harry was “incredibly cheeky” when he asked his grandmother to take a picture with his daughter, given Elizabeth’s failing health and the large number of responsibilities she had during the anniversary. She praised the palace “for being so smart and cunning that they never had a chance to take a picture with any of the high ranking members of the royal family.”

Levin explained that Harry and Markle were seated on the right side, while the others – the Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, Prince Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton – were on the other.

Indeed, Page Six reported that the power couple did not spend time alone with William, Kate, George, Charlotte and Louis during their brief anniversary visit. Meanwhile, William’s family reportedly turned down Harry and Meghan’s invitation to attend Lilibet’s first birthday party.

Harry’s relationship with brother William has reportedly been strained ever since the Sussexes, who famously retired from palace life back in January 2020, trashed the royal family in an infamous Oprah Winfrey interview 14 months ago.

Needless to say, Levine believed the royal coldness would have major implications for the streaming career of the Sussexes, who signed a multi-million dollar deal with the streamer in 2020 after moving to the US.

“They would use it [the photo] for Netflix,” she complained. “You know, it would give them the honor that she was with her great-grandmother.”

Investigative journalist Tom Bower, who is working on a biography of the Duchess of Sussex, agreed with Levin’s opinion.

“The Sussexes’ contract with Netflix is ​​in jeopardy,” a Daily Mail reporter said.

“A veto on the photo will displease the Sussexes. Harry’s massacre could be an additional revelation in his book, which will be published later this year.”

He added: “This is a dangerous game for both sides.”

Overall, Levin felt that Harry and Meghan’s behavior during the anniversary was “a really bad show… I think they felt like everyone [the royal family] they would have dropped everything,” she said, adding that after the insult, they “probably just left in a rage.”

“I thought they were like cranky teenagers,” she continued. “If they didn’t get what they wanted, they would leave. They left early. They left before the competition on Sunday. They didn’t go for anything else.”

She added, “They wanted to stay together as a family. I mean it’s nonsense. You’re with your family all the time, you don’t use that as an excuse if you’re that close.”

Levine’s ethereal salvo came after Harry and Meghan were rumored to be barred from the balcony of Buckingham Palace along with Elizabeth, Charles and other senior members of the royal family.

Meanwhile, on Friday, the couple were booed as they appeared at an anniversary event at St. Paul’s Cathedral.

The couple flew out of the UK on Sunday, before the end of the anniversary celebrations. However, sources told The Post that this was no royal snub — Harry and Markle had always intended to attend two events and leave.

This article originally appeared on New York Post and reproduced here with permission

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: