Not a very united front. Prince Harry as well as Meghan Markle will not join the royal family to meet with world leaders before the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II on Sunday, September 18, after seemingly not being invited.
The couple were announced as expected guests along with senior members of the royal family including Prince William, Princess Kate and others. King Charles III invited Harry, 38, and Meghan, 41, to a reception to welcome diplomats and international heads of state such as the prime minister. Jacinda Ardern New Zealand as well Emperor Naruhito as well as Empress Masako Japan, but a spokesperson has since clarified that the couple did not qualify to visit.
“This morning, a spokesman for the palace reiterated that the Sunday state reception is “only for working members of the royal family.” No further comment or indication as to why the Sussexes were invited (and now appear not to be).” – Royal Reporter Omid Scobie tweeted on Saturday, September 17th.
The Sussexes were also absent from the King’s Dinner for the Governors General of the Kingdoms at Buckingham Palace on Saturday. The Prince and Princess of Wales attended, along with Charles’s wife. Queen consort Camillaand his brothers and sisters.
The event will take place the day before the memorial service for the late monarch, which will be held at Westminster Abbey on Monday 19 September. After 70 years on the British throne, Elizabeth died at the age of 96 in Scotland. “The Queen passed away peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon,” Buckingham Palace said in a September 8 official statement. “The King and Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral tonight and return to London tomorrow.”
A few days after her death, the 73-year-old eldest son of Elizabeth ascended the throne. During his first address to the UK as king, Charles raised his eyebrows when he sent good wishes to Harry and Meghan “as they continue to build their lives abroad” in California.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s relationship with the royal family had previously strained when they announced their decision to step down as senior members of the royal family in January 2020. The duo, who have son Archie, 3, and daughter Lilibet, 15 months, made their departure permanent next February.
At the time, Harry opened up about his strained relationship with his father. “I feel very disappointed because he went through something like this, he knows what pain is… Archie is his grandson,” he explained during a candid interview in March 2021. “I will always love him. There was a lot of pain. I will continue to make this one of my priorities in order to heal this relationship.”
Exclusively reported by a source Us weekly that Charles was not pleased with his son’s public comments. “Charles doesn’t agree with Harry publicly trashing his entire family,” an insider shared the same month. “Charles thinks these questions could easily be settled in private.”
Following Charles’s speech earlier this month, the royal expert Gareth Russell weighed what the decision means for the trio. “I think the king has made it clear that he wants to close the rift,” he said. Us. “Family dynamics are always complex, of course, but I think we can all see that there’s a lot of pain in them.”
#Prince #Harry #Meghan #Markle #invited #royal #reception #report