Prince William and Andrew’s mysterious hour-long flight delay to see dying Queen Elizabeth

Senior members of the royal family encountered a mysterious hour-long delay as they raced towards the dying queen.

Their RAF aircraft was at the center of the mystery as it took off for Balmoral at 2:39 pm local time on Thursday, but was scheduled to take off at 1:30 pm. It is reported by The Sun..

It is not known what caused the last-minute delay, but Prince William and Andrew were on board, along with Prince Edward and his wife Sophie.

Prince Harry was not on the RAF Dassault Falcon – experts suggested that this was due to fears of a constitutional crisis in the event of a crash.

The Duke of Sussex had to travel to Scotland on his own, arriving two hours after his grandmother’s death. They say he was furious that he didn’t make it on time.

But royal watchers say the aides didn’t want Harry and William to travel together in case they both died in an accident.

Constitutional expert and royal writer Brian Howey said: “There is a good constitutional reason why William and Harry are not flying together and it has to do with the line of succession.

“Royal aides have to take everything into account and that was most likely a factor.

“Although the events happened very quickly, they had years to plan all possible options.

“The speed of events took everyone by surprise and could affect travel plans, but it would be unwise for William and Harry to fly together.

“I don’t think we will see them together again for constitutional reasons.

Today, The Sun on Sunday can detail the frenzied quest of the royal family to be at the bedside of the dying queen.

Health concerns first surfaced on Wednesday, when doctors ordered the Queen to postpone a meeting of the Privy Council – 24 hours after she got up to fulfill her last duty – to swear in new Prime Minister Liz Truss.

The estate had what insiders are calling a “flurry of activity” on Wednesday.

The queen felt comfortable and was under the supervision of doctors who were there all night.

Meanwhile, a Dassault Falcon flew into RAF Northolt from Benbecula, a tiny island in the Outer Hebrides, at 21:49. It was not clear why the plane was there.

It was prepared in case family members in London or Windsor needed to travel north.

They added, “It was common sense and meant he would be on standby if senior royals needed to move at short notice.”

Princess Anne was already in Balmoral, where she had several meetings.

On Thursday morning, Charles canceled a number of appointments at Dumfries House in Ayrshire before jumping into a helicopter bound for Balmoral at 10:30 am.

His team also ran 150 miles north.

It landed around 11:30 a.m., shortly after Camilla, 75, canceled a six-month visit to a cancer hospital.

Then, an hour later, at 12:32 p.m., Buckingham Palace is rumored to have released its first statement of the day.

It said: “Following further examination this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned about Her Majesty’s state of health and have advised her to remain under medical supervision.

“The Queen still feels comfortable in Balmoral as well.”

The statement provoked a frantic desire of the family to be near her.

William’s spokesman confirmed that around 12:46 p.m., the prince was on his way to Balmoral.

He was seen driving out of Windsor around 1:10 p.m.

His wife Kate stayed at Adelaide Cottage to pick up their children, George, Charlotte and Louis, from their first day of school.

Prince Andrew was seen in his Bentley at Windsor heading towards RAF Northolt at 13:30.

A representative later confirmed that he was on his way to see his mother.

Five minutes later, the palace confirmed that the Earl and Countess of Wessex were also on their way to Scotland.

Flight records show that a Dassault Falcon RAF G-ZABH that landed the night before was due to take off at 13:30 but remained on the runway.

At 13:50, the Sussexes announced that both Harry and wife Meghan would travel to see the Queen.

The RAF aircraft finally took off from Northolt at 2:39 pm, sending news teams to Aberdeen Airport.

When it landed at 3:55 p.m., only William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie descended the steps and the company set off on the hour-long drive through the Highlands to Balmoral.

At 4:40 p.m., the Sussexes confirmed that only Harry would travel to Scotland and Meghan would stay at home.

The US couple was at Frogmore Cottage after a series of charity events in Manchester, Germany and London.

A source told The Sun on Sunday: “Charles was already with the Queen after he landed in his helicopter this morning. The family was alerted and headed to Scotland.

“Harry insisted that Meghan come with him, but it didn’t go over well.

“Harry was told that he had to find his own way to Scotland. he couldn’t get on a flight with William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie.”

Another source said: “Harry was left furious.”

It was understood that Charles had told Harry that Meghan shouldn’t be with the Queen.

Harry is believed to have finally taken to the air in a private Cessna jet from Luton Airport at 5:35 p.m.

The flight was delayed – it was supposed to land at 18:29, but landed only at 18:46. Buckingham Palace announced the Queen’s death to the world at 6:32 p.m.

Shattered and shattered, Harry was seen being driven through the rain to Balmoral almost two hours late, just before 8pm.

He was the first member of the royal family to fly out on Friday morning, and later that morning he boarded business class on a BA flight back to Heathrow.

This article originally appeared in Sun and reproduced here with permission.

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: