The cause of Jamal Edwards’ death is revealed as Loose Women star’s mom Brenda pays an emotional tribute to her 31-year-old son.

MUSIC entrepreneur Jamal Edwards died of cardiac arrest after an overnight session with cocaine and booze.

Three small packets of leftover white powder were found on the 31-year-old son of Loose Women panellist Brenda Edwards after he passed out in February.

2

His heartbroken mother Brenda described Jamal as a “handsome and selfless person” in a statement read at the inquest.1 credit
Toxicological tests found cocaine and alcohol in Jamal's body, but not cannabis.

2

Toxicological tests found cocaine and alcohol in Jamal’s body, but not cannabis.1 credit

West London Assistant Coroner Ivor Collett today ruled that Mr Edwards died following a cardiac arrest caused by cocaine and alcohol use.

His heartbroken mother, Brenda, described him as “a handsome and selfless person” in a statement read at the inquest.

The founder of the R&B/Hip-Hop platform SB.TV returned to his home in Acton, West London after a 4am DJ set in north London.

Then he sat down and had a drink with a friend, Nick Hopper, who lived in an annex to the house.

Jesse J shares grief over Jamal Edwards, says his death 'doesn't feel real'
Sean Fletcher of GMB pays tribute to Jamal Edwards

After a while, Mr. Edwards became unstable and paranoid and began throwing objects around the room before passing out, investigators were told.

Despite the best efforts of Mr. Hopper and later his uncle Rodney Artman, as well as paramedics, Mr. Edwards did not wake up and was pronounced dead at 10:36 am on Sunday, February 20th.

Mr. Hopper said in a statement read by the coroner at the inquest: “When he entered, he looked as usual and looked like he had just left.

“We started talking, smoking weed and drinking. He told me that he was under a lot of pressure. There were periods of conversation followed by silence.

“Over time, Jamal became quite paranoid and said that I had things in my hands, when in fact there were none. Every time I moved, he started to panic. I asked him to calm down, but he became more and more irritated.

“He grabbed things, threw them around the room. He was panicking and sweating, and I spent ages trying to get him to open the door.”

Mr. Hopper said he kept trying to open the window, but Mr. Edwards wouldn’t let him, and he eventually passed out at the bathroom door.

After 9:30 am, Mr. Edwards’ uncle arrived and he said he did CPR for about 10 minutes until paramedics arrived and took them over, but they were unable to resuscitate them.

The investigation learned that the police regarded the death as unsuspecting, but found in Mr. Edwards’ pocket three small packets with the remains of a white powder.

Toxicology tests found cocaine and alcohol in his system, but not cannabis.

Mr. Edwards also had MDMA in his urine, but not in his blood, indicating that he had taken the drug recently, but not on the night of his death.

Metropolitan Police Sgt. Luke Taylor said in a statement: “Neither side showed any signs of injury.

“In his pocket were found three small packets of white powder residue and bloody tissue associated with Class A drugs.

“He had a heart attack from recreational drugs and alcohol.”

Mr. Edwards’ therapist confirmed that although he had signs of sickle cell anemia, he was not taking any regular medication.

Summing up at the West London Coroner’s Court, Mr Collett said: “He was a DJ at a club in Islington.

“At about 4:30 am, he came home and joined his close friend.

“They drank and agreed to smoke cannabis. Although he appeared normal at first, his behavior changed and he began to show signs of anxiety, paranoia, and irritation.

“Despite his friend’s attempts to calm him down, he started throwing things around the room before collapsing to the floor.

“Police found drug paraphernalia, toxicological tests found recent evidence of drug use.

“The insinuation is that Jamal took enough cocaine to cause an adverse reaction caused by cocaine intoxication. This then caused a cardiac arrhythmia which led to his death.”

Mr. Edwards was awarded an MBE in 2014 for his services to music and he has been an ambassador for the Prince’s Trust.

In a statement read at the hearing, Brenda Edwards said, “Jamal was a handsome and selfless man.

“Since growing up with his family in Acton, he has made it his personal mission to open doors for others.

“To help people through life, to love and laugh. And most importantly, just make people happy.”

She added, “Jamal has helped so many by working tirelessly to provide people with a platform.

Tesco launches war on fuel pumps after cutting gasoline prices by 6.5p after Asda cut prices
We spent £9,000 fixing our fence and our neighbors flipped it 180 degrees.

“His philanthropic work spanned from working in homeless shelters to returning to his roots in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

“We are so proud of everything Jamal has accomplished in his 31 years of life and how he has impacted the lives of others. We miss him so much.”

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: