KNOWN for over 100 film and television roles in a career spanning over fifty years, the world lost Bo Hopkins on May 28, 2022.
He was 80 years old when he died.
Who was Bo Hopkins?
Bo Hopkins was born in Greenville, South Carolina in February 1942.
Early in his career, he often played thugs and bad guys, such as in The Wild Bunch, the 1969 film that launched his career.
Later, his strong Southern drawl and “good old boy” persona led him to roles that were more law-abiding, such as small-town sheriff and several lawyer roles, he said. IMDb page.
He has appeared in several Hollywood films including Midnight Express and American Graffiti.
What caused Bo Hopkins to die?
He died on Saturday, May 28, 2022 at a California hospital.
This was told by his 33-year-old wife Sian. Hollywood Reporter that he had suffered a heart attack a few weeks earlier on 9 May.
She also confirmed his death.
He leaves his wife Sian and their son Matthew.
MOST READ DEATH OF A CELEBRITY
What other roles did Bo Hopkins play?
After joining and serving in the US Army at 16, Hopkins landed several roles in the local theater and eventually landed in New York to study.
He was best known for his supporting roles in TV shows, which you can tell from the list below that there were many.
- The Andy Griffith Show as George
- Dayton Devils as Navy Truck Driver
- Raid a thousand planes like Captain Douglass
- The Wild Bunch as Clarence “Crazy” Lee
- Bridge in Remagen as Corporal Grebs
- Moonshine war like Bud Blackwell
- Monte Walsh as Joe “Jumping Joe” Jocelyn
- The only way home is like Orval
- Escape like Frank Jackson
- The man who loved cat dancing like Billy Bowen
- American Graffiti as Joe “Little Joe” Young
- White Lightning – Roy Boone
- Gondola like Grady
- Ride on a nickel like Turner
- Day of the Locust like Earle Shoop
- Posse like Wesley
- Killer Elite as Jerome Miller
- Dawn: Portrait of a Runaway Teenager as Swan
- Small town in Texas like Sheriff Duke
- Tentacles like Will Gleason
- Midnight Express as CIA agent “Tex”.
- Fifth floor like Carl
- More American Graffiti as Joe “Little Joe” Young
- Smoky Mountain Christmas like Sheriff John Jensen
- Nightmare at noon like Reilly
- President’s Goal like Marty Rogers
- The Legend of Wolf Mountain as Ranger Stephen Haynes
- Inside Monkey Zetterland like Mike Zetterland
- The Ballad of Little Joe as Frank Badger
- Wyatt Earp: Return to Tombstone as “Rattlesnake” Reynolds.
- Radioland Murders as Billy’s father
- Texas payback like Sheriff Bishop
- Riders in the storm like Billy Van Owen
- Uncle Sam as Sergeant Twining
- Phantoms as FBI Agent Hawthorne
- The Newton Boys as FBI Agent K.P. Aldrich
- Getting to know you like Officer Caminetto
- Time is done like Jimmy / “Mr. D”
- From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money as Sheriff Otis Lawson
- South of heaven, west of hell like Dr. Angus “Doc” Dunfries
- Big brother problem like Oddo
- Vice like Jamie Barnett
- Thunder 8th like Colonel Thompson
- Crack in the floor like Sheriff Talmidge
- Cowboy Up like Ray Drupp
- Choosing Matthias as “Doc”
- Don’t let go like The Boss
- Hillbilly Elegy as Papow Vance
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for the US Sun team?